Toru SUZUKI, Director
Department of Population Structure Research
- Regional Population Projection
- Household Projection
- National Survey on Family in Japan
- National Survey on Household Changes
- Comparative Study on Family Demographic Changes and Family Policies in Eastern Asia
Population Association of Japan, Japan Sociological Society, Japanese Association for Mathematical Sociology
United Nations Statistical Institute for Asia and the Pacific, "First Group Training Course in Production and Development of Official Statistics
in Support for National Development including the Achievement of MDGs," March, 2011.
- "Korea's Strong Familism and Lowest-Low Fertility," International Journal of Japanese Sociology, No. 17, pp. 30-41, 2008.
- "Fertility Decline and Governmental Interventions in Eastern Asian Advanced Countries, The Japanese Journal of Population, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 47-56, 2009.
- "Family Pattern and Low Fertility in Eastern Asia," paper presented at the International Conference South Korea in the Neoliberal Era and Beyond, Seoul National University, Korea, 16 April, 2010.
- "Very Low Fertility and Pronatal Policy Interventions in Japan," paper presented at the International Conference on Population Prospects and Policy Responses, Ministry of Health and Welfare, Seoul, Korea, 15-16 July, 2010.